To manage the cloud databases we need to MySQL Workbench (Following instructions using Version 5.2.44).
About MySQL Workbench in brief:
MySQL Workbench is a unified visual tool for database architects, developers, and DBAs. MySQL Workbench provides data modeling, SQL development, and comprehensive administration tools for server configuration, user administration, and much more. MySQL Workbench is available on Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
- Download and Install the Workbench in your system,
Connect the databases by creating the new connection.
- Open the Software(MySQL Workbench).
- In Workbench central workspace window 3 type of connections
- SQL Development
- Data Modeling
- And Server Administration
To run SQL Queries, SQL scripts, edit data and manage database objects with SQL Development connection.
Creating and manipulating database models, Like, Create and manage models, forward and reverse engineer, compare and synchronize schemas, report with Data Modeling.
Server Administration settings like Import/export database, Configure your database server, setup user accounts, browse status variables and server logs can be achieved through Server Administration tools.
- To make SQL Development operations,
- Click on New Connection,
- "Setup New Connection window" will open, enter any connection name of your choice.
- Select the "Connection Method" as Standard TCP/IP over SSH.
- Set the Parameters under Parameters Tab. Following parameters are changed according to your Cloud db settings.
- SSH Hostname: 127.0.0.1:22 , SSH Username: root, SSH Password: pwd
- MySQL Hostname : localhost/59635be9cca24.rackspaceclouddb.com
- MySQL Server Port : 3306 (Default)
- Database Username: root and Password : pwd
- After proper connection settings SSH connection will be established and SQL Editor window will be opened. And it contains SCHEMAS listed with tree structure of databases and tables.